Success is simply achieved by doing the things that are easy to do, but they are also easy NOT to do. Failure is the result of the ease of not doing just ONE simple task that is important in the whole scheme of things.
How do I know this? Well, I have experienced it myself and have learned the lessons from that.
Step By Step From Failure To Success
“Failure is the mother of success” ~ Chinese Idioms Dictionary
Depending on how you see failure, this statement is very true. If you see failure as devastating, you will believe this to be absolute rubbish, but if you treat failure as feedback, it will give you insight into what NOT to do, change things slightly and be successful.
Change how you approach things and believe that things happen for a reason. Most of the time the reason is that you have stopped doing a particular thing, or missed out a vital “cog in the chain” of your activity to be successful. This is SO easy to do, so don’t be discouraged. The best business people in the world have been guilty of it at some time in their lives, but they dealt with it in order to get past it.
Ways To Prevent Ultimate Failure And Achieve Success
Below are five ways to help you find success and avoid or deal with failure to be able to achieve more:
- Small Tasks: Success is achieved by carrying out simple, small tasks each day that you are actively working. If you work 7 days a week your success can happen more quickly, but it’s essential to stay “fresh” and make time to rest a little too. Make a list of the daily tasks you need to do consistently and DO THEM.
Remember that it’s just as easy NOT to do these tasks as doing them. Successful people carry out the tasks even when they don’t feel like it! The end goal should always be in your thoughts and the reason WHY you are doing what you’re doing.
- Purpose: Have a clear and definite PURPOSE. Your ambition drives your attitude and your attitude needs to drive your purpose. Without a PURPOSE to what you are doing, your goals will stay out of reach. Small failures may occur, but these can be overcome as long as you learn from them and are usually caused by simple mistakes. Find out what these things are, learn from them and change the task, but remain on purpose.
- Stay on task: A good carpenter (or tradesman) will measure twice and cut ONCE. Why? Because they want to be sure that they do the job RIGHT!
Make sure you do the right things in your business and the tasks you do are congruent with that business and your goals. Different businesses have different disciplines, so make sure you find out how to do things BEFORE acting. Educate yourself daily and be sure you don’t miss out any sections of training you do because you “know this part”. Believe me, although you do know MOST of it, there may be one very important thing that you missed. The trainings are in sequence FOR A REASON.
While you are learning the skills and taking action on what you learn, you may need to hire an expert to help. This may be hiring a coach to guide you or someone to help you to get through the tasks until you are competent and confident enough to do them yourself.
- Acceptance: It’s important you learn to accept things and move on. If you need to change things, then change them. Very often the change is tiny, but that tiny change can make ALL the difference.
While I was listening to Bob Proctor the other day he said:
“Losing is a part of life. Get up and get going!”
This is all part of acceptance, so be aware that you will have these little obstacles “jump out” at you every now and again.
- Avoid Procrastinating: Procrastination is a thorn in the side. It “creeps up” on you when you’re vulnerable. In this situation you say to yourself, “this is not THAT important, I’ll do it tomorrow”. FATAL mistake – remember that tomorrow NEVER comes!
If you’re not careful this will keep on happening and instead of the success you crave, you end up with a form of failure. Why? Because you have stopped working daily on the good habits you are forming to do the necessary tasks you need to do to achieve the success you want. Consistent, daily action forms new habits and habits are done without the need to push yourself to do the task.
Remember that successful people will do the daily tasks whether or not they feel like it.
STAY ON PURPOSE!
I know that the headline says “ensure success” and these are ways to help to do that. The important thing to consider in any circumstance is to carry out those daily tasks, make them habits and track your results. Results only come from consistent action and yet accepting that there will be failures of some kind along the way will help you to make the changes to achieve that success you crave.
Success and failure are closely linked, so make sure that the “easy not to do” tasks are indeed done daily and you head in the direction of the success you deserve.
To the future,
Need more leads for your business? If your answer is yes, you need to check this out.
Do you want to see more content like this? Please comment and share.